Friday 16 October 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Southbank Centre, Central London
WORDPRESS COURSE INTRODUCTION
This hands-on Beginners WordPress Course will teach you the key functions needed to build and/or maintain a WordPress website. Throughout the day you will be hands on, creating your very own WordPress website alongside one of our qualified instructors who will guide you through the process step-by-step and answer any questions you have.
Our WordPress Courses are delivered in small groups of no more than 4 people and have been designed for those with little or no knowledge of WordPress. This WordPress Course is also suitable for anyone with an existing WordPress website but no WordPress knowledge.
If you have an existing WordPress website and experience of using WordPress you may wish to view our + WordPress Course London, a WordPress course that has been designed specifically for existing WordPress website owners.
ACCREDITED WORDPRESS COURSE
Our Beginner WordPress courses are accredited by the NCFE to Level 3. Our accreditation means our content and teaching methods are monitor to ensure we deliver the best possible content and training to you. At the end of this course you can obtain a WordPress Website Diploma. Please inform us before the course date if you wish to receive the diploma.
BEGINNERS WORDPRESS COURSE PROGRAMME
At the start of this course you’ll be shown how to purchase a website address and factors to consider when selecting the right website address. You’ll then be taken through different website hosting options and how to set up email addresses for your website.
We’ll then go through the process of installing WordPress so you’re ready to start building your WordPress website. During the day you’ll add content to your website such as pages, a news/blog section, text, videos, images, social media, forms and much more. You’ll be shown how to create and edit the website look you want and one that works on mobiles, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
It’s important to ensure your website is found by Google and you understand how to build and add to your website so it ranks well in Google and other search engines. This course will show you introductory search engine optimisation techniques.
By the end of the day you will have created your very own WordPress website to take away.
BEGINNERS WORDPRESS COURSE
- Selecting and registering a domain
- Hosting your website
- Setting up email addresses
- Understand WordPress basics
- Installing and updating WordPress automatically
- How to customise your WordPress dashboard
- How to make a search engine friendly website structure
- How to create new posts in WordPress
- How to create new pages in WordPress
- How to post to your website via email
- Adding and managing users
- How to use and format images in WordPress
- How to add YouTube videos to posts and pages
- How to install WordPress themes automatically
- How to upload and install themes manually
- How to upgrade themes automatically
- How to customise your WordPress theme
- How to customise the top navigation menu
- How to create a static front page
- How to create a sales page and buy now button
- How to use WordPress widgets in the sidebar
- How to install plugins automatically
- How to upload and install plugins manually
- How to upgrade and delete plugins automatically
- How to integrate social media to your WordPress website
- How to add twitter to your WordPress website
- How to create a contact form in WordPress
- How to customise your contact form
- How to add a subscription form/opt-in box to gather leads and visitor information
- How to protect your WordPress website from spammers
- Controlling spam comments in WordPress
- Installing and using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugins
- Simple keyword tweaks to increase your WordPress website ranking
- How to create backups for your WordPress Website
- How to restore a previous backup of your WordPress Website
- How to make your WordPress website mobile friendly
- How to track your WordPress website statistics using Google Analytics
WHO IS THIS BEGINNERS WORDPRESS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone wanting to create a WordPress website
- Anyone wishing to gain WordPress knowledge
- Anyone who maintains and updates WordPress websites
- Anyone looking for a new career path or wishing to make an extra income through creating and/or selling websites
COURSE VENUE DETAILS
The Southbank Centre is ideally situated, with most major mainline railway stations accessing Waterloo directly via underground. Waterloo and Embankment Underground stations are within a 5 minute walk.
Charing Cross Station: Northern Line to Waterloo or Embankment
Euston Station: Northern Line to Waterloo or Embankment
Marylebone Station: Bakerloo Line to Waterloo or Embankment
Paddington Station: Bakerloo Line to Waterloo or Embankment
Victoria Station: Circle/District Line to Embankment
Cannon Street Station: Circle/District Line to Embankment
Liverpool Street: Circle Line to Embankment
London Bridge: Jubilee Line to Waterloo
On site parking is available, fees apply.