London | Bristol | Brighton | Online Course
1 Day (10am to 4pm)
ABOUT THE BEGINNERS WORDPRESS COURSE
Our accredited Beginner WordPress Training Courses held in Brighton, London, Bristol and live online will provide you with a good understanding of WordPress. The beginners course has been designed for those with little or no knowledge of WordPress. This course is also suitable for anyone with an existing WordPress website but no WordPress knowledge, who have been given the role of maintaining or adding to the website.
If you have an existing WordPress website and experience of using WordPress you may wish to view our + WordPress Course which has been designed specifically for existing WordPress website owners.
At the beginning of the Beginner WordPress Training Course you’ll be shown how to get a website address and install WordPress so you’re ready to build a WordPress website that will work on computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones. You’ll add the pages you want on the website and set up a blog/news page. We’ll then move onto adding and editing content such as text, images and videos. Please note you do not need website content to attend this course.
It’s important to ensure the website is found by Google and you understand how to build and add to your website so it ranks well in Google and other search engines. This course will show you introductory search engine optimisation techniques as well as how to add social media to your website.
By the end of the day you will have created your very own WordPress website to take away. See below for full Beginner Training Course programme.
The Beginner WordPress training course is taught in small groups of no more than 8 people in Brighton. You do not require any prior knowledge of WordPress to attend this course.
Our Beginner WordPress training courses are accredited by the NCFE to Level 3. Our accreditation means our content and teaching methods are monitor to ensure we deliver the best possible content and training to you. At the end of this course you can obtain a WordPress Website Diploma. Please inform us before the course date if you wish to receive the diploma.
WORDPRESS TRAINING COURSE PROGRAMME
The beginner WordPress course will teach a variety of techniques, including:
- Selecting and registering a domain
- Hosting your website
- Understand WordPress basics
- Installing and updating WordPress automatically
- How to customise your WordPress dashboard
- How to make a search engine friendly website structure
- How to create new posts in WordPress
- How to create new pages in WordPress
- How to post to your website via email
- Adding and managing users
- How to use and format images in WordPress
- How to add YouTube videos to posts and pages
- How to install WordPress themes automatically
- How to upload and install themes manually
- How to upgrade themes automatically
- How to customise your WordPress theme
- How to customise the top navigation menu
- How to create a static front page
- How to create a sales page and buy now button
- How to use WordPress widgets in the sidebar
- How to install plugins automatically
- How to upload and install plugins manually
- How to upgrade and delete plugins automatically
- How to integrate social media to your WordPress website
- How to add twitter to your WordPress website
- How to create a contact form in WordPress
- How to customise your contact form
- How to add a subscription form/opt-in box to gather leads and visitor information
- How to protect your WordPress website from spammers
- Controlling spam comments in WordPress
- Installing and using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugins
- Simple keyword tweaks to increase your WordPress website ranking
- How to create backups for your WordPress Website
- How to restore a previous backup of your WordPress Website
- How to make your WordPress website mobile friendly
- How to track your WordPress website statistics using Google Analytics
WORDPRESS COURSES BRIGHTON ADDITIONAL HELP
In addition to creating a WordPress website, our WordPress training courses will also help you to:
- Purchase a domain name
- Provide tips on buying a search engine optimised domain name
- Change DNS settings
- Create and set-up your website hosting
- Set up email addresses
Option 1: Attend this training course at one of our training venues in London, Brighton or Bristol
Option 2: Get instant access to our online Beginners WordPress Course which comes with 2 x question time/support webinars. The course programme is exactly the same as the Beginners WordPress Course offered in London, Brighton and Bristol but students can learn from the comfort of their office or home and at their own pace. Instant access is provided to all course modules upon purchase. Question/time support webinars are offered once a week between 7pm to 7.45pm.
WHO ARE OUR WORDPRESS TRAINING COURSES FOR
Our WordPress training courses are suitable for anyone that has used a laptop and Microsoft Word before
- Anyone wanting to create a WordPress website
- Anyone wishing to gain WordPress knowledge
- Anyone who maintains and updates WordPress websites
- Anyone looking for a new career path or wishing to make an income through creating websites
- Anyone looking to start a blog
Study in your own time
£100 special offer (reduced from £150)
Online, from the comfort of your office or home. Instant access provided when you purchase this course.