WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS INTRODUCTION
Our WordPress Masterclass is a training course designed for individuals and companies looking to build a website and learn the skills required to do so. This course is different to our 1 day courses as the main course content is delivered via a webinar (web based live training) 1 evening for 2 hours per week for 4 weeks, after completion of the webinar series you will attend a 1 day workshop. You will be required to complete the online Introduction session before commencing this course. The introduction session can be taken the same week as Week 1 within the programme.
Each week you will be provided with training, preparation for the following weeks webinar training, feedback and support at each step of the masterclass. By the end of the WordPress Masterclass you will have created a finished website to your design.
The WordPress Masterclass has been designed for those with little or no knowledge of WordPress and for those looking to create their own website to their specification.
If you have an existing WordPress website and experience of using WordPress you may wish to view our + WordPress Course which has been designed specifically for existing WordPress website owners.
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS PROGRAMME
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS – INTRODUCTION SESSION
- Understand websites
- Select and register a domain
- Set-up website hosting
- Install WordPress on your domain name
- Introduction and tour of WordPress
- WordPress getting started, the general settings
- Open a Business PayPal account if applicable
- Open a gmail account if applicable
- Introduction into autoresponders
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS – WEEK 1
- Website design and functionality examples
- How do you want your WordPress website to look?
- What functionality do you want on your website?
- Refresher tour of WordPress
- Creating pages for your website
- News/Blog Categories introduction and set-up
- Create news/blog posts for your website
- Understand how to schedule your news/blog posts
- How to add text to posts and pages
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE COMPLETED AT THE END OF WEEK 1?
At the end of week 1 you will have registered a domain name, set-up your website hosting, developed a design for your website. If you have a very clear vision for your website design we’ll provide feedback. If you don’t know where to start, don’t worry, together we’ll come up with a design. You will also have a blog/news section set up on your website and created posts and pages. You’ll understand how to set-up and maintain every aspect of what you’ve learnt in week 1.
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK – WEEK 1
You’ll be provided with support and feedback to ensure you’re able to complete all of the tasks set out in week 1.
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS – WEEK 2
- Creating menus
- Introduction into search engine optimisation (seo)
- How to carry out keyword research
- How to find images for your website
- How to optimise images for your website
- How to add images to your website
- The media library
- Introduction into videos and tools to create videos
- Introduction into photo sliders
- Set-up your email addresses
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE COMPLETED AT THE END OF WEEK 2?
At the end of week 2 you will created your website menus, sourced all your images, properly formatted them and loaded them onto your website. You will have created a video using the tools shown (if applicable). You will have selected a design for your photo/video slider. You will understand part 1 of search engine optimisation and what to do to ensure your website is optimise. You will have carried out keyword research and set-up your email addresses. You’ll understand how to set-up and maintain every aspect of what you’ve learnt in week 2.
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK – WEEK 2
You’ll be provided with support and feedback to ensure you’re able to complete all of the tasks set out in week 2.
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS – WEEK 3
- Photo sliders – Part 2
- How to create a YouTube channel and upload public videos
- How to add videos to your website
- Sidebars and widgets – Part 1
- Formatting your global website settings
- Introduction into the page builder and elements
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE COMPLETED AT THE END OF WEEK 3?
At the end of week 3 you will have created a photo slider, set up a YouTube channel and uploaded a video. You will have completed part 1 of sidebars and widgets and started to format your websites global settings. You will also understand how to use the page builder and some of the elements within it. You’ll understand how to set-up and maintain every aspect of what you’ve learnt in week 3. You will have uploaded public videos to YouTube and added a video to your website
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK – WEEK 3
You’ll be provided with support and feedback to ensure you’re able to complete all of the tasks set out in week 3.
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS – WEEK 4
- Sidebars and widgets – Part 2
- Formatting your global website settings – Part 2
- The page builder and elements – Part 2
- Add a buy now button on your website and connect it to PayPal
- Open a Google Analytics account
- Introduction and tour of Google Analytics
- Learn how to monitor your website and connect it to Google Analytics
- Introduction into Google Webmaster
- Introduction into Google Places and Google +
- Connect your autoresponder to your website
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE COMPLETED AT THE END OF WEEK 4?
By the end of week 4 you will formatted your global website settings and know how to build pages using different elements. You will have created buy now buttons for your website (if applicable). You’ll understand the importance of autoresponders, how to use them and connect them to your website. You will have opened a Google Analytics account, understand it’s uses and how to track and monitor your website. You will also have opened a Google webmaster, Google Places and Google + account. You’ll understand how to set-up and maintain every aspect of what you’ve learnt in week 4.
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK – WEEK 4
You’ll be provided with support and feedback to ensure you’re able to complete all of the tasks set out in week 4.
WORDPRESS MASTERCLASS – 1-DAY LIVE WORKSHOP
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE COMPLETED ON THE 1-DAY LIVE WORKSHOP?
The WordPress live workshop day is to put any finishing touches on your website, it’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you have. We will be looking at your websites to see how they are performing and any adjustments that maybe required to make their performance even better.
WHO ARE OUR WORDPRESS MASTERCLASSES FOR?
- Our WordPress training courses are suitable for anyone that has used a laptop and Microsoft Word before
- Anyone wanting to create a WordPress website and have support every step
- Anyone wishing to gain WordPress knowledge
- Anyone looking for a new career path or wishing to make an extra income through creating and/or selling websites